JOB POSTING: Custodian
About K’ómoks First Nation
We, the K’ómoks people, envision a prosperous and healthy Nation, in which we exercise our rights and title throughout our territory, honouring our people, lands, waters, cultures and languages. K’ómoks First Nation ensures the well-being and self-sufficiency in all aspects of our Nation by asserting our rights and title while upholding our members.
About the Role
Working under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Custodian will ensure the overall cleanliness and maintenance of K’ómoks offices and buildings. The candidate will have the ability to create a safe and cleanly environment for the effective running of K’ómoks operations. The successful candidate is self-directed when working alone and will have a customer-centric attitude when interacting with everyone from front line staff to leadership.
What you will be doing
- Maintaining the standard of cleanliness at all K’ómoks First Nation facilities.
- Ensuring restrooms are cleaned, sanitized, and stocked daily.
- Ensuring kitchens/coffee areas are kept clean.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, washing, waxing, and stripping of floors as needed.
- Dusting, polishing office desks, reception area, and meeting rooms.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Keeping fridges (inside) and garbage receptacles clean.
- Wiping disinfecting all tables in the boardroom, council chambers, and common areas regularly.
- Store all products in compliance with the OHS Act.
- Light lifting and moving of office furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Setting up, arranging, and removing decorations, tables, and chairs to prepare facilities for events such as meetings, banquets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need
- Minimum 1 year of related experience.
- WHIMS certification is an asset.
- Working knowledge of office cleaning equipment.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Interested applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the qualifications identified above and note their salary expectations. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter via email, regular mail, or hand delivery to:
3330 Comox Road, Courtenay, BC V9M 3R5
We thank all interested applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org